Friday, February 11, 2011

Postcrossing

Heya peeps!
I forgot I had this site from 2008 when I used to blog about my teaching in Mexico and so I've started it again as I want to start blogging about the goodies I receive in the mail. I love to collect things, all sorts of things but mostly things that are flat and rather cheap to send via Canada Post. I have been a member of Postcrossing for years and recently came across the Round Robin groups which allows you to send and receive more than just postcards. I've become a avid tea drinker and found a cool site care of Ctrekoza in Turkey which has quickly become my favorite, as well as the Chocolate Bar RR and the Mystery Envelope RR. I had forgotten about the Mystery RR and received a envelope in the mail out of the blue from when I joined months and months back. The actual swap itself had been removed bcause it was feared lost but it turned up from China and so it went onto Russia as per the list. I've now joined up again for some new RR's and I am paitently waiting for the mail man to arrive today with hopefully some stuff for me! I love getting mail especially when it's not bills! I am anxious for the chocolate bars to come....mmm...chocolate!
5 teas in this picture were received from the Tea RR Group #150. Other's were received from some penapls and in older Round Robins. I participated in a few more Round Robins in this group, 2 of which were Around the World Round robins which meant they are sent to 5 different people and various teas are put in and taken out by each person, acording to thier likes. These should be arriving sometime this month hopefully. I am anxious to get them so that I can upload them and add them to my collection. I was really quite intrigued by the Saffron tea's and may take one out to try. I don't normally like tea's with spices in them as I enjoy fruity tea's the most but this one is interesting. I got three of them and they came from Greece. Still trying to figure out how to post links on this site and make it easier for you to navigate but I am not very computer literate.

1 comment:

  1. Have to agree getting junk mail is better than getting bills, but in like there will be bills to pay now or later.....

    ReplyDelete